Today I went to work! Bellamy took me to her office because there were lots of kids as visitors today and they wanted to play with me all day! ACI is very pet friendly and everybody there loves to pet me and get me super excited (I love it here!). But sometimes the office can be a little crazy, so I have come up with a few tips on how to have a good Pet-Day at the office!
1. Take a morning walk–Like my favorite Dog Whisperer always says, if I have gotten exercise I am more likely to behave. Plus, it is good bonding time for you and your dog!
2. Practice safe puppying–Puppy proof your office and any office where your dog will be left to explore. Make sure you check the wires around your computer and phone and whatever else could be under the desk. Remember, if I can chew it, I will find it.
3. Bring entertainment–If I have something to do I will be less tempted to entertain myself with your desk chair.
4. Inform co-workers–Many co-workers want to come up and play with me when they see me. This just gets me over excited and then I am not able to relax afterward. On the other hand, if people come up to me in a calm and relaxed state, then I will have an easier time settling down and remaining the perfect office pet. If you have to, send out an email or post a sign at your desk that lets people know how to greet me.
5. I need breaks too–A long days work can be just as tiring on me as it is on you, so take your breaks with me. Let’s go on short walks around the parking lot, or have an outdoor lunch together!
I love going to the office! And if you follow these tips, then I am sure you and your dog will love it too!